Sunday, August 17, 2008

All Alone in the Moonlight...

On my most recent trip to Dallas, I discovered that a University Park Landmark was no longer. Ball's, in Snider Plaza has closed after 22 years of business. This was the meeting spot after the Maroon Typhoon soccer games(pretty much all UP Panther YMCA sports), the "late night" shakes spot after K-Life in high school, and the place to go after an award winning SMU choir concert (I know I am a total nerd). While we are not completely at a loss (as new Ball's was opened at Midway and Northwest Highway), the University Park and SMU neighborhoods are now without. Ball's had sliders, aka Little Leaguers, before it was "the thing" and I love me some Ball's strawberry milkshakes!
I hope the people at Midway and Northwest Highway know how lucky they are!

No comments: