Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Adventures

My two weekends in Toledo have been anything but boring. Last weekend (my first weekend here), Sara Zimmer Cordell and her cute husband Brian came in town for Sara's cousin wedding. They took me to lunch and we spent the afternoon catching up. I also got to see her family again after 3 years! While they were at the wedding I played with their new puppy, Wesley, and their parents' dog Jack. We had a time!This past weekend I made my way to West Bloomfield, Michigan to visit the Meeder girls. Patti Meeder was a Chi-O at SMU when my mom was rush advisor. Amy and I were about 4 and 7--- and Patti was/is the coolest babysitter, cheerleader, friend-over ever. We have kept up with Patti over the years but this weekend I was introduced to her 3 BEAUTIFUL daughters--- Victoria, Graceanne, and Julia. We had a total blast: tennis lessons, birthday party planning, banana muffins, floam, walks in the woods, sleepovers, Nim's Island, webkinz, webkinz, and more webkinz. I must also note that I had the pleasure of being Julia's "friend" for her "bring a friend to dance class day." I rocked the hip-hop with Julia and her other 7 year old buddies. The Meeder House is definitely the place to be. Nobody wanted the weekend to end, and the girls put forth a huge effort to keep me under house arrest! Thank you guys for letting me be a part of your girls weekend.

No comments: