Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yogging!

Since we are performing our show at 65 elementary schools throughout the Ohio/Michigan area, I have already seen my fair share of "inspirational school posters." I have re-memorized The Golden Rule, the Food Pyramid, and 'failing to prepare is preparing to fail.' I got to witness the ever-cool huge rope that hangs from the gym ceiling that only the short, skinny guys could climb. And let's not forget the star charts--- I still feel for those who only have 1 or 2 stars when the bulk of the class has 15. I have washed my hands in 2 1/2 feet tall sinks (and used the smelly pink soap that reminds you of school for the rest of the day). And let's not forget the toilet paper holders that are all from Ft. Howard, Green Bay, Wisconsin.

I HAVE had a few issues with some of the schools--- like the school who's mascot was the dolphin, so the gym was decorated with a dolphin playing football along with Flounder and Sebastian from 'The Little Mermaid'--- yet there was no Ariel. What the heck!!! I also take offense to the jump ropes that have the plastic separated coverings around them... if you miss one jump, you will have a welt for the rest of the day! And I also have no idea how every school ceiling has water stains all over them... often accompanied by bulging ceiling tiles that look pregnant and might fall at any moment.

I found this poster in one of the gyms. There were many other 'athletes' to make up this set of inspirational P.E. posters... i must note that all were PC with many nationalities represented. So, examine the poster below:

lucky red and yellow shoes: check

wristbands: check

walkman: check

water bottle with an accordion straw: check

very thick earphone chords: check

wind pants that cinch at the ankles: check

HE IS READY TO DO SOME JOGGING (although I think it is pronounced with a soft "J" - Yogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! It's so good to catch up with you by reading your blog...and the poster...too funny! It looks like all is fabulous! We've got a little site for our girls if you want to check it out! http://treyandkatie.parentshack.com password: hailey
Can't wait to hear more about the Lee fam!