Tuesday, May 6, 2008

TOTO

Here is a little window into the Lee Family terminology. I seriously have no idea where this began, but we somehow evolved into calling the toilet a "to-to" (pronounced toe-toe). We never really discussed the fact that "toto" is the acceptable term, and I even find myself making it into an abbreviation--- the tots (pronounced toe-ts, not like "napoleon, give me one of your tots"). Anyways, to my recent amazement, it seems we are not the only ones who refer to their commode as a toto--- I found this in a restaurant bathroom in Toledo... officially labeled as a TOTO.
It seems that TOTO INNOVATIONS not only makes totos, they also have bathtubs, sinks, faucets, showers, and washlets. Now, what in the world is a washlet? After my brief research of TOTO products, I came upon this unknown restroom accoutrement.
WASHLET: def. a toilet seat with warm water, bidet style washing. It is a replacement toilet seat, and can be installed on a new or existing toilet, the same as any regular toilet seat. A Washlet will typically have additional functions and features, depending on the model and price range.

How does a WASHLET work?: It is activated by pressing a button, and in turn a wand will extend from the seat to cleanse you with a stream of gentle, aerated warm water. After cleansing, the wand retracts back under the seat. All installations require a 110VAC GFI outlet.
In response to my findings... I am speechless, therefore I must refer to an expert:
"For washin' your back-side, roight?" -Mic Dundee (Crocodile Dundee)

No comments: