Friday, September 19, 2008

Fishs Eddy

I have a lot of "this is my favorite" places in NYC... but I can honestly say that Fishs Eddy is my favorite store in Manhattan. My mom and I used to visit every time we touristed NY. When I first moved to the city, I worked at FE as a "sales associate" and it was the best job ever! I am now well trained in some serious packing skills!

So what is Fishs Eddy? They are Purveyors of SturdyWear... aka a plate store. But this is what makes them stand out... They sell dishware from hotels, diners, restaurants etc... all with original logos and for as low at 50 cents a piece! These overstock plates can be quite the find--- i have a set of 'Joe T Garcias' plates and, on our last visit, mom found plates with a friends monogram on them!

Not only do they sell overstock items, they also have their own patterns... all very funky and original. Click on the names below to see some of my favorite patterns:

The store has expanded quite a bit since I worked there--- they now sell flatware, wine decanters, spatulas, cookie cutters, and cookbooks in addition to their original plates and glassware. And speaking of glassware, the glassware wall is quite a happy place. FE sells all types of juice glasses, Bernstein's, pilsners, whiskey glasses, wine glasses, margarita glasses, martini glasses, etc. It is all about the mix and match!

Anyone who has visited NYC and missed out on Fishs Eddy, this needs to be an 'absolute must' for your next visit. It is a happy place to be!
Most commonly asked question to a sales associate: Where did you get the name "Fishs Eddy"??? The answer: Our name, Fishs Eddy, is respectfully borrowed from a small hamlet upstate New York.

No comments: