Sunday, June 29, 2008

Reunions

Well, many have asked how Ida handled the reunion--- it had been 2 1/2 months of being apart. Thank goodness I had my camera at hand to capture the event! And yes, that is me talking in a very high pitched baby voice... sorry about that.

Ida was in great shape--- even kept her girly figure. Some say that is because of the 4-a-days she was having with Grumps (Steve Langbein). They usually went on 3-4 walks a day and when things got a little hot, Grumps would carry a "walk backpack" full of all sorts of hydrating tools. They had definately bonded while Bryant and I were away and I am impressed that I was able to tear them apart!

The Manhattan School of Music class of 2004 had a mini-reunion in Ft. Worth while I was in town. I missed my friend Hadley Reinert by a day, but I did manage to track down Christian Reinert (he was performing for the Ft. Worth Opera at the time) and Brandon Poor (now a Grand Prarie po-po police officer). Though Brandon had to leave for work, it was great to catch up a little with everyone! And check out Bwandon's policeman costume... he even has a gun and a tazer.

El Fenix was my first stop after my airplane landed, but Amy, Dad, Zac, Tyler and myself went to a fun new Dallas spot, Times Ten Cellars. It is a winery and wine tasting room and has a dog friendly porch... which we love now that Ida has calmed down a little in her advanced age (she turned 4 on May 30 by the way). The best part about Times Ten is that you can have pizza delivered to the porch from a nearby pizza joint called Scalini's... a Lakewood must!


I ended my 2 days in Dallas by doing the unthinkable... I separated Ida and my dad. It might have been one of the saddest moments ever. Ida was very excited about the ride and did not realize the gravity of the situation (probably for the best) and Grumps put on his brave face. Ida slept most of the way to H-town and did not know what to think when Milly the cat greeted us as we pulled up to the Lee's.


The final reunion of the week: A Texas couple and their dog!





No comments: