Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jersey Boys







Broadway shows are definitely one of the perks of living in New York City. I have recently fallen in love with Jersey Boys. I first saw the show last fall with Kathy Lee, my amazing mother-in-law. This past weekend my mom was in town, so Bryant, Mamma Jan, and I scored some tickets and snuck in some Junior Mints and Dark Chocolate M&M's. (I also must tell you that my mom accosted one of the actors on the subway on the way home.) This musical is the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. The entire show is set up as a concert narrative around the rise and fall of the band. The music is amazing and includes classics like "Big Girls Don't Cry" "Walk Like a Man" and "Sherry Baby." I must admit that even though I am usually the youngest one in the audience by 30 years, it is one of my favorite Broadways shows ever. The acting and singing is top notch and the story is wonderful. Most of the guys playing the lead roles have been in the show since it opened over a year a go--- which goes to show you that they love their jobs and believe in the show itself! And please note that I have finally mastered most of the steps and would be honored to show you the correct way to perform "Walk Like a Man." Please enjoy this medley from last years Tony Awards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_h8DNPyN8&feature=related Also note that Joe Pesci was a childhood friend of the members of The Four Seasons.

No comments: