Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Riverside Grill

My Uncle Bubba (Fred Edgar) has this keen ability to find great, cheap eats... especially breakfast spots! He loves to meet people for breakfast and catch-up over a greasy spoon. On my latest trip to Dallas, I met Bubba for breakfast at his new favorite.... The Riverside Grill. Most of you know that I rarely get up before noon unless I have to, and I also rarely travel outside of the Park Cities bubble... so 8am at Industrial and Constitution it was! I must say it was a treat. Of course he knew the waitress by name and introduced me to the lovely Murphy (her husband is also the cook). I followed Bubba's lead, so we both got 3 eggs fried over medium, 2 sausage patties, a side of grits, and 2 biscuits and gravy. Yes friends, all of this and coffee ran us $12 (US). What a deal!

And I must also give a shout out to the lovely lady that was sitting "at my 4:00 wearing her pink jammies"... she was awesome.

So all of you Dallasites need to check this place out if you are in the mood for a major find! Ask for Murphy (see picture) and don't forget to mention that you were referred by Fred Edgar.

PS: I hear the Cherry-Pineapple Cake is to die for!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aint no hearin to it.....the pineapple-cherry cake is a slice of heaven.

Unknown said...

Hey, Sarrie!
Its Industrial @ Continental not Constitutional. The Constitutional comes after the "atomic grits" kick in.

AL said...

wow, between your blog and leighs blog i feel like I never left town. This is so fun and I love you bios!