Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Tie Guys"

Ever since we bought my boy cousin Rusty a bowtie for his birthday, there has been much talk of my mom and her bowtying abilities. When we went to Northpark to get the tie, there were 3 "tie guys" working the tie area. My mom and I were trying to pick out the best one--- for it was mighty slim pickin's. In order to get the whole picture, my mom started tying the potential presents around my neck as a model. Well, the "tie guys" could not believe that my mom could actually tie a bowtie... and in less than 10 seconds. I must admit that I was impressed as well, but the salesmen were amazed. "How in the world do you know how to do that????" And then came the "tie guys'" confessions "we have no idea how to tie a bowtie." YIPES!!! We were in the TIE DEPARTMENT--- While I was working on a major Nicholas Cage moment, my mom started giving bowtying lessons to the salesmen.






And it turns out that Mama Jan's bowtying skills do not limit themselves to ties--- when she was visiting NYC this past weekend, she began a mission to start a new trend: the bowtie scarf.

No comments: