Monday, February 18, 2008

MIL and DIL weekend

First, a translation:
MIL = mother in law, DIL = daughter in law.

Yes, Kathy Lee joined Bryant, Ida, and I in NYC this weekend. After many a delay on her flight, Kathy made it in late Friday night. Saturday morning Bryant took Kathy to our beloved breakfast spot... The Kitcheonette. But Saturday afternoon is when Kathy and I got busy on the NYC shopping. We spent most of our time in the Rockefeller Center area--- mainly for the mothership of all Anthropologie stores. We also mingled our way down to New York City's diamond district. This is a one block area of serious diamonds- located on 47th Street between 5th and 6th avenue. Kathy has been keeping her eyes out for a diamond cross necklace, and I think we may have found exactly what she had in mind: some serious BLING!

We did some great people watching and headed for NOLITA where we ate at Cafe Habana--- a hole in the wall Cuban restaurant (I must give all credit to Angela Torn for this find). They have the very best grilled corn in the world!

Sunday we went to church and enjoyed brunch at Isabella's--- one of my favorite brunch spots: Major yummers on the crab cake benedict. After a pit stop at my favorite jewelry lady of the UWS market on Columbus and 77th Street, we headed back to midtown the see WICKED. I must tell you that this show is one of my all time favorites... It is in a huge theater and is still sold out for every single show over the next few months. The sets and costumes are out of this world and the music is just breathtaking! Kathy and I had breakfast at Tom's this morning and I just got her in a cab to JFK airport. All MIL/DIL weekends must come to an end. Thank you Kathy!



No comments: